Seminar „Healthy soils for Europe“
The European Commission (DGAGRI), the EIP-AGRI Service Point are organising the seminar ‚Healthy soils for Europe: sustainable management through knowledge and practice‘ to be held on 7-8 October 2020 in Setubal, Portugal. The seminar will be organized in cooperation with the Portuguese General Directorate of Agriculture and Rural Development (DGADR).
The event will gather farmers, advisers, researchers and interested participants involved in soil-related activates from all over Europe. The participants will have the chance to share results and best practices from Operational Groups, Horizon 2020 research projects and other projects aimed at strengthening the soil health.
The specific objectives of the seminar are:
- Raise awareness on the importance of soil health, and various EU initiatives undertaken to maintain and improve it.
- Promote and build upon the results and outcomes of past EIP-AGRI networking activities such as Focus Groups on soil-related issues and relevant workshops.
- Share experiences and good practices to maintain soil health, identified by relevant projects, research activities and farmers.
- Identify synergies between different types of projects working on soil health and encourage further cooperation among participants through networking.
- Discuss challenges and solutions for soil health, identify what is needed to make these solutions operational for farmers, foresters and other land managers, and widely used/adopted.
- Identify research needs and non-research actions to contribute to the agenda of Horizon Europe’s mission area Soil health and food.
If you are interested in participating, you can complete the application form before 14 May 2020.
More information here.